Thursday, June 20, 2013

So Long Springtime ...

Sorry this didn't get posted until Thursday! Teething slows everything down if you know what I mean. :) So before we get too deep into this post I will warn you, it contains a lot of random, make-up-less, baby, flowery, mismatching jib-jab and pictures. The thing is, that pretty much sums up this Spring. 

Once upon a time Father's Day landed on June 21st  (An old friends birthday) so I have it in my head that the 21st is the big day. I woke up the morning of the 16th and logged onto Facebook to see a bunch of old photos of my friend's dads. Oh. LLLLLAME. So I totally flunked Jared's first "Dad's day". I think he understood though. Growing up I never knew when Father's Day was because I didn't have a relationship with my dad so how was I supposed to know? The nice thing is, as an adult we are slowly getting to know each other and that is a good thing, I think. ;)

Above is a picture my Pops sent me of him and my little self. See where Onyx gets his roundy head? My sweet little Moonboy.  ❤

Since it's been warmer out, it's been more fun to be into cloth diapers since I can line dry them outside. I must say though, I don't know how they did it years ago without the convenient snaps, inserts, and cute patterns (for encouragement ;]) not to mention a washer machine. My SIL took a 1 week cloth diaper/hand-washing challenge and I think she is a total champ for it. You didn't see me volunteering ;P She could explain the challenge so much better than I could, so you should just click her link if you're interested at Jessi and the Boys. (Aren't my nephews cutie patooties? She makes sweet ones.❤)

Why do I use clothies? I have a ton of reasons but let's keep it simple for ramblings sake. Firstly, cost. Initially cloth diapers are expensive but they pay for themselves in just a couple of months. (Fortunately for us, my lovely Auntie bought all of Onyx's. Bless her heart!) I don't want to spend thousands on diapers. No, no, no. If I had thousands to spend on things it certainly wouldn't be artificial poop holders. I'd buy a Jeep and a whole lot of leggings and maybe some spices, and maybe... anyway I wouldn't spend it on diapers. Secondly, no one even knows how long it takes for "sposies" aka disposables to decompose. It's thought that it could take anywhere from 250 - 500 years. I don't want to participate in that mess.

Genesis 2:15 Jehovah took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it.


I know the world is already pretty messed up and filled with waste but why add to it? I guess I am trying and that is all I can really do! I wouldn't judge anyone who uses disposables however... Yes, they are easier in some  ways. I even put Onyx in them when he is sleeping or I would have to change him every two hours, even at night, and trust me, I am up with Moonboy enough during the night. Little stinker ;)
  
Onyx is officially "cruising" now. He is so proud of himself. Something that I've noticed about Onyx is once he's done something he is right to the next thing like, *boom*. If this carries on in his life I've worried that it might make him quite the terrifying daredevil with no attention span -OR- he might learn from his mistakes and become the most cautious kid ever. Who knows? I don't need to worry though.


Luke 12:25 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his  span of life?
>True dat.<

Our gardens are doing splendidly. Water. Weed. Fertilize. Restart. All after Onyx goes to bed for the night with our headlamps on. More pictures soon!

^This is my "I work out." Outfit. I am really working my butt off... or up?  (I don't know how to phrase that exactly...)

Jared goes on walks with me almost every evening once he comes home from work. I love that man.

Jared ever so kindly let me take some of the photos from his phone for this and next week's posts. He is a better photographer of the little things than I am. I like me some people. That's where I shine in photoland.

Okay so here it is. I admit, baby fever is coming back and that is a fact. The good thing about that though is, right now and for a while I would rather have flat abs than a newborn. I still haven't worked off that baby belly. Vain? I think maybe that's not the point. Maybe it is? I don't think so. You see, where most girls (I used to be like this) want to be stick thin, I just want to be fit. I wanted to get back down to 120 pounds like I was in highschool but I did two Summers ago and I looked awful... aaaaaand I missed my boobs. That sucked. So fit it is. Even if I have an almost 8 month old crawling over me while I do crunches (And who cares, he thinks I am hilarious when I work out. Maybe it's the huffy-puffy faces?) I WILL DO IT! And babies. More babies later - adopted and not. (I am looking forward to that adventure!:D)

It's so amazing that these two ^ are my family. Jared, the sweet boy I fell held over heels for (have you ever wondered what that expression meant?) is holding our  little boy. Our little boy! I just love 'em!!!

This Spring was great. Mild weather, sunny skies, and a bizillion flowers were all something to be celebrated. Now forgive me if I totally FREAK OUT this Summer. I don't do hot. I hate hot! After last Summer being the hottest Summer of my life, all while incubating a super heater-baby in my belly I am freaked! I'll make it through though. It's either that or .... melt?

So here we are on the last day of Spring (and it's pouring out!) and I can't wait to see what adventures this Summer holds! I am going to have a walking baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...