Thursday, April 25, 2013

29 Reasons I Love Being Onyx's Mom

(In no particular order ;) )



1. I have to be a morning person, and I've been missing out. Mornings are actually quite lovely.
2. It has helped me to reprioritize my life.
(Do I really need to keep running back and forth, checking for status updates and likes? No.)
3. Playing with Onyx gives me a reason to use our camera more often.
4. Since having a baby, Jared has grown in his heart in the most pleasant sort of way.

5. I am someone's shelter.
6. It might be the most rewarding feeling in the world when I watch Onyx accomplish something.
7. Now somebody  likes my awkward dance moves. ;)
8. Being a mom has made me more crafty since I like to make him little things, or props for photo shoots.

9. I have everything ready the night before.
10. There have been so many times I have fallen back into God's hands when things get tough, when normally I would have a "I can do this all by myself, thank you very much" sort of attitude.
11. It's helped my sister in-law and I bond over our boys.
12. I've learned to accept that changing your mind a million times is okay, even if you say your choices out  loud, only to take them back.

13. Folding baby clothes makes doing laundry not so bad.
14. It's brought new strength to my and Jared's relationship.
15. Hearing Jared say he is proud of the mother I've become, ooooh, that friends, is sooo good.
16. Knowing that I am responsible for a little person's life has given me more confidence.

17. My body has never been so amazing. (I grew a baby y'all!)
18. My life has so much more purpose.
19. It's helped me swallow my pride and ask for help. I can't do everything alone!
20. I've learned to embrace the natural beauty of myself since I really don't have an hour to get ready in the mornings anymore. 

21. It has given me a new found wonder and respect for Onyx's grandparents. (How did  they do it?)
22. We make cute babies!
23. Onyx doesn't mind when I sing out of tune.
24. Drying baby clothes on a line makes my heart happy.

25. It's helped me to be more patient.
26. I have another someone to can food for. (Yay! Garden fresh peas!)
27. I have someone to play ukulele for and he appreciates it even though I can't play.
28. He makes me cry out of happiness (My m.i.l would say "It's those mama horomones!" ;] )
29. I am better at being HERE - NOW, since I can only be in that one moment for that exact time. Oh I wish I could bottle it up. Even during the sleepless nights, the teething pains and constantly being wet via drool, spit-up, pee or who-knows-what, I love being a mama.

And of course we're ending just where we started. Baby Feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...