Thursday, March 28, 2013

Good Day


We had a good day a couple days ago. So good, I actually wrote down everything that happened that day because I have a horrible memory! We got a ton done which made me feel accomplished and lunch (burgers with raspberry lemon aid) makes you feel pretty good too, I guess.  


I made an apple pie for the in-laws which turned out to be actually quite good! (Of course topped with real vanilla ice cream) Slowly, I am "level-ing up" my baking skills and making edible food from the oven. Yesss!

I brought it over to their house last Sunday when my mother in law asked me about Onyx's Easter basket. !!! Five-month-old's get Easter baskets?  Oh! I had never thought of that! I mean, what do you put in a basket if not candy?! So we headed to town or "down river" as us "up river" people call it, and looked for some goodies for the boy. 

When Onyx turned four months old he decided he was already bored of all his toys and books. So I bought him some neat little books and other things I felt he would like. Sun glasses, mashed bananas, rainbow spoons and some lady bug plates. What else could a baby need? Right? I don't know. You've got to remember I am new at this but I love it. I love making holidays special for a little baby. My little baby. I love that I can do that for a person. It makes my heart happy. 

You know what DOESN'T make my heart happy? As we were about to head into a store Jared says "Hey Challice, look at that little old lady in her car." I did. Then she picked her ear wax and ate it. After we both gagged/ laughed a good bunch Jared told me the only reason he told me to look was because she was eating more little "body goodies" from her nose too! Really? I guess some people just never learn. Oh. Body goodies, how gross are you?! 

Aside from that little shin-dig we bought a really pretty green vase from a thrift store and let Onyx try on some of the wigs we found there. My thoughts were, "He can't get lice!" ... maybe it wasn't such a good idea in hindsight, but now we have pictures that are more than hilarious. So maybe it was worth it. I couldn't breath I was laughing so hard. (Please excuse the picture quality, they are from Jared's phone.)

And here is my little rant for the day. I nurse my son and I don't feel any shame about it. We feel most comfortable if we are covered up and snuggled down. It's a me and him thing, not an me and everyone else thing so that's how I choose to nurse. At the end of the day I don't think any mother is wrong on how she feeds her child as long as she does it respectfully and with love. So here it goes... Before we drove the long trip home I nursed Onyx in the back seat of our car in a grocery store parking lot. You could not see any part of my body, but you could tell what was going on. No biggie right? I was glared at and stared down three times. Really? Excuse me sir but you don't have to do a double take to check if that is indeed what I am really doing  and then give me "The look". You sir, can keep walking. I was in my own car, in the back seat for pete's sake! Sheesh people. It's not like I am crying out "Look at me! Look over here!" *sigh. So there is my rant. 

When we finally got home from our adventures (So much more happened but I am not going to bore you with pictures of mini strawberry plants, chai tea, mushroom cultivation ect.) I made a pizza from scratch and Jared goofed off with some oranges. We played two person poker fun fun ;) and that was about it! We tried to stay up forever because we didn't want the day to end so I think we fell asleep talking. Or maybe I fell asleep while Jared was talking. ... I'll never know. 


Psalm 118:24 This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...