Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter AT OUR HOUSE!

This was the first holiday at our house (meaning I played hostess!) and it was so exciting. I definitely want to have family over again. 


The house was decorated with Springy colors and it looked pretty  good!

I decided not to dress him until the very last minute. He's a super spitter-upper and that doesn't go too well with button down's and ties. So we found something else for him to do. He wanted to snuggle his best bud, Dorothy. He got his love for animals from this gal right down here ↓ It makes me so happy that he has an appreciation for animals this early on. That's my  baby. 

See that right there ^ The back of his head?
That is my most favorite thing in the whole world.
I haven't the slightest idea why, but I just love the fuzz off of it.

 When our dapper looking guests arrived we took a bizillion family pictures but you know how that goes. Somebody (usually me) has a blinky eye or somebody (usually Onyx) isn't looking anywhere near the camera. We are make quite the pair. Good thing Jared is always one good lookin' man. ;]

 There is only so much decorating you can do to the outside of a single wide house before it just looks like a crazy cat lady trailer house. Eeep! 

 It was really amazing to know with my whole side of the family sitting there, that Jesus died some 2000 years ago and was raised 3 days later just as the scriptures said he would. He showed himself to many people and then ascended back to heaven from which he came and when he met back with God the Father, his sacrifice paid for the sins of all man kind. A perfect man (Adam) ruined our chances of a forever life on paradise earth and because of his choice to sin, we die. There needed to be another perfect man to make an even sacrifice. So Jesus descended from heaven where he stood as the highest recognized being other than God himself, and was born of a virgin with God as his father and was fully human.  As a human he lived a perfect life undoing all that Adam had done, restoring balance to the earth. One day he will be king of the earth and God will show himself undeniably. Things will be set straight and we will once again be in a paradise in perfect harmony with God. Until then you can have a personal relationship with him in your heart until Jesus is King on earth and we can see them both face to face. Thank you Holy Spirit! 


We played some card games and used Onyx's toys on the ground for hats. My mom never remembered her turn and my brothers played video games I didn't even know we had. It was a good time for the family to be together. I love those guys. We hope you had a happy Easter too. 



A New Heaven and a New Earth

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 

 What a loving God 

You can click here to see what we did last year for Easter on my old blog Maps and Mer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...