Monday, April 8, 2013

Sickies and The Secret Birthday Party

Part of me wishes it was all chicken noodle soup and bed rest at our house. Onyx and I are super sick, coughing, sneezing, aching... the whole shabang. A pretty sweet raspy voice came along with this cold and  my friend (who is also sick) agreed we should record an album right now. Isn't that the best time or something like that? Anyway, it was Jared's birthday weekend. Twenty-four years old on Saturday! :) I do love that man, but he is one of the hardest people ever to shop for because he really doesn't value material. (Good for the heart, bad for the holidays) So even though I was super sick I asked if he could take Onyx on a walk for about an hour so I could get some "secret" stuff done. I set up a tent in Onyx's room and here is some advice, never ever  move furniture when you are sick. It only makes you feel worse. I almost poked a hole in the wall with a tent pole (It filled up the ENTIRE bedroom) then I nearly poked my eye out with the other  pole.

But it was worth it. It looked pretty cool in the end. I thought Jared would catch on once the curtains in our bedroom went missing and the orange lights came off the ceiling. Nope. Men don't notice decorations at all apparently. If I came home and saw that I would have instantly thought we were robbed... He came in and out and hadn't a clue. Boys ;P
I planned that at midnight we would be eating pizza bagels and birthday cake in there but you know, babies.  I got Onyx settled back down as fast as I could and it was 12:04am! I don't even think we made our pizzas yet because Jared "wasn't hungry". (You were ruining my secret plans for you, boy!) Finally, I hurried Jared to the room and wished him a happy birthday. He thought the tent was pretty cool. I had to explain to him it would have been an outdoor surprise party, but I set the tent up outside and he came home from work and took it down because of the rain... Boo responsible man! You ruined my plan A! Hehe, that's okay though. I couldn't even say a word as he took it down. I couldn't spoil the surprise. He probably thought I was a nut for just randomly putting up tents outside on rainy days, but you never know with me ;)

In other news this guy  had a tooth break out of his gums and another on the way. Teething and a cold must be miserable, but  he is a champion. I love that boy. Who knew being sick would be such a bonding time?

I thought I was on the "up end" of being sick and starting feeling pretty good so I baked a cake for my in-laws going off the theory that you are only contagious before you show any actual symptoms. However, I don't know if I really believe that. Either way, I thought I was done being sick so we made a carrot cake.

As it turned out I got a little too cocky and paid more attention to bebe than the measurements resulting in a very dry cake. The next morning I felt sicker than I did before, and I knew the cake dream had come to an end. I didn't want to get anyone else sick, plus it was dry as cardboard. Oh well, we owe Onyx's Grandpa a new cake. (It was his birthday too!)

So even though we are still sickies, Jared said it was a wonderful birthday weekend. 
That's all I wanted to hear.

Things will almost never go exactly as planned so I've learned to enjoy the unplanned just as much.


Happy birthday to my sweet-handsome-kind hearted husband. We love you man.

 Psalm 118:24 This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...