Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Growth and Babbles

Either Onyx is a math wizard or... Onyx must be a math and  word wizard.

Here's why:

Teething = Going on walks
Fighting sleep = Going on walks
Restless/Boredom = Going on walks
Staring out a window flailing his woobley arms = You can pretty much guess. 
The only thing walks can't do is feed him, or we would live outside. Maybe in a tent with some crackers and fruit snacks. (I think I am having a summer prediction! ;) )

All his different problems have the same answer? This is why I stayed in basic math through out school. How does that make sense? I don't know, but I am liking this whole "Knowing-the-answer-to-all-your-problems" thing.

I am a constant note leaver. It's like I can't even help it! Jared was still sleeping and I didn't want him to think  we went somewhere really super awesomely awesome without him. (Sleeping in passed noon? Luuucky.)

It freaks me out just a bit to see that I am growing older. When I was a kid my mom told me she still had the same brain she did as a kid, she still felt  like a kid or a teen but her body had gotten older. It blew my mind. Back then I thought a 20 year old was -old- I mean like, OLD. I guess at 22 my child self would have thought I was ancient. Speaking of,  I saw my first grade teacher Mrs. Wallquest recently. She was about 65 I'm guessing. In the first grade I already thought she was well over 90.
Reality. It's weird.

We become better friends everyday. 
He is learning to trust me more and test all my boundaries. 

Whether it be the plants, animals, people or hearts... 

Growth is a beautiful thing. 

 We got back inside and played peek-a-boo in the stroller for a bit...


Somebody was feeling much better. I think we are all a little happier since the sun has come out. 


For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; ...




Ecclesiastes 3:1-22


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...