Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Our House In The Middle Of Our Street

I apologize for the last post about our home being so negative. It was one of those weeks you know? I wanted to write this one in a more positive tone because I really do love our house! I guess I just don't want it swept away from us without our say. The funny thing is, I used to LOVE moving! It was like a fresh new start every time; but this time, I'd like to stay a little while. Here is a good place to be. 

Firstly, I'd like to show you my favorite place in the whole world, our bedroom. Silly, I know! But it's my happy place. It's the only bedroom I've ever had that I've really liked. 

^ That book cracks me up. Those kids are maybe three and five years old and there is no way kids these days would act like those kids. With all the cleaning, cooking and what-not I wondered where their mother was.

We got a new (much wanted) dresser from my MIL. Now everyone has a place for their clothes. 
THANK GOODNESS.

...And into the hallway we go.
And this is our living room. It's not perfect. It doesn't have a theme. Most everything in our house has either been given to us or we are borrowing it until further notice. I love it though. 

These are two of my three favorite things in our house. (Jared's not pictured ;])
Onyx and this rock with a ribbon tied to a note.

Was this not the best wedding gift ever?!

Here is our kitchen. It's always messy, even when it's clean. *Sigh* What can ya do?

 Sunrises through the curtains are especially nice though.

And now to outside things.

Our neighbor bought some cows. At first I was excited , I loved cows! They are were so cute! Then I saw how totally disgusting they were and I was pretty bummed. :/  You can't eat your friends poo and still be cute. You just can't. 

The ring shot was random, but as I was taking pictures in the back yard it felt appropriate to add. It was my great 3 or 4x Grandmother's ring. I can never remember and it makes me feel so bad! I always loved it though. I remember looking at it in my mom's jewelry box as a little kid and trying it on, only to have it be way to big for me. Then I grew up. I still had to get it fitted down but the difference in size wasn't so extreme. Being a grown up. Boy, that's been good. :) Hard, but good.

 Since we have so little time on our hands now, we were stumped at first on how we were going to make our gardens work. Then Jared picked up some headlamps from a store and now we garden in the dark! Not kidding! Once Onyx goes to sleep we just head out and get busy weeding, planting, digging or whatever and when the sun goes down *click* headlamps. We finished planting this garden around 11:30 at night. I was pretty excited to see how it looked in the morning. All was well! :)

 Yes. Those are velvet leggings,
and yes, they are from the 1980's.
(Thanks mom!)


 Thank you for guarding our house little gnome.
You are the only gnome I have ever met that does not freak me out.

     *****
If you like my pictures, would you like to follow me on my new instagram account?!
(I'm kinda behind the times... )

Until next time, ladies, gents, it's been a pleasure. :P

2 comments:

  1. I love your home. It is absolutely charming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! You're house is SO cute too! You put stuff together that I would have never thought of. I really like your style. It's funny, we go around Target and I always am telling Jared, "This looks like Jessi. Oh I bet Jessi would LOVE this..." haha You have a very cool style. I love it. ^^ You inspired this post actually, with all of your cute homey photos lately and such! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...